Delilah NYC – Delicious Recipes: cocktails, salads and much more
Chocolate and Raspberry Mousse
– 2 pt Fresh raspberries
– ½ cup of Granulated sugar
– 32 oz Semisweet chocolate, chopped fine
– 8 oz Unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
– 12 x Egg whites
– 3 cups of Heavy cream
– Add the chocolate to the raspberries and place over a double boiler. Stir to avoid scorching the chocolate. Heat on low until the chocolate has melted then remove from heat and cool.
– In a seperate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Slowly add remaining sugar and beat together.
– Beat the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
– Add 1/4 of the egg whites to the chocolate, stirring well. Fold in the cream and the remaining egg whites. Mix thoroughly.
– Refrigerate until ready to serve.